Thursday, February 28, 2008

Missing Claudia




Since there's not much going on in my life right now, I thought that i'd post about Claudia. For those of you who don't know, Claudia is a sweet 5 year old girl who I fell in love with in Guatemala last spring. She constantly wanted me to hold her and would pout whenever I'd pick up anyone other than her!!! When I went down there this summer with the church group she always preferred me to hold her over the other people. Which, frankly, I was quite happy with!!!! She certainly knew how to play with my heart!!! Here's a picture of her:




Isn't she precious? She has just the greatest laugh. I'll put a video of it farther down in this post. I really thought that we would adopt her. I prayed SO HARD that spring and summer. But God said no. It was probably the most disappointing thing that I've ever experienced. My life-long dream of a little sister to love and nurture was not in His will. But God is faithful to fill that hole in our hearts and give us a way to let that love out. My business has been so great for that. It's a tangible way to get sweet little kids like Claudia home to loving families.


Yesterday at work we had a little Hispanic girl and her mother come in. That little girl reminded me so much of Claudia. So when I got home I got on Eagle's Nest website and I was shocked to see that they had cut her hair!! :( I was so sad!!! She looks so much older and I realized that when I go back there again "my" little girl isn't going to be so little. And my heart aches for her adoptive family. Her case is very complex and they have to watch her grow up without them. Her new big sister keeps asking when Maya (the name Claudia will recieve once she's home) will come and play with her. So if you think of this sweet girl today, lift up a prayer for her and her adoptive family. Her adoption is very close to falling through right now. Within the next couple of weeks they will be having a court date and if nobody shows up to claim Claudia then they will issue a Certificate of Abandonment and her new family will be able to adopt her, Lord willing.

Here's a video of her laughing. Sorry for the initial view of her mouth!! I didn't quite plan that very well and I don't know how to edit videos!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! They are all so happy. I love her laugh!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to add this in my last comment, but is that me in the background? I remember I was giving some kid a piggy back ride when you were filming Claudia. She was pratically choking me because she was holding on too tight!