Thursday, April 22, 2010

Freedom

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."
Proverbs 19:21

This was one of the references in Jesus Calling this morning. It also said, "Christ died to set you free- and this includes freedom from compulsive planning."

Immediately my heart clenched. Ouch.

So many times I have been guilty of this. Even daily.

Compulsively making my to-do lists, planning out my day even before I've fallen asleep the night before.

Thinking myself a failure if I don't complete it just how I thought I should.

I've been trying hard recently to let God in- even to my to-do lists. And He brings other things in to my day and MY plan doesn't work- then it is all for His glory. Because HIS priorities were accomplished.

Christ died that I may be free. Free from my sin, free from my pride, free from my horrible self-righteousness, free from fear, free from my need to please, and free from my need to achieve.

My day is HIS! Praise you Jesus for this gift!

No comments: