Thursday, January 8, 2009

What's Up???

I really never have gotten used to the phrase, "What's up??" I still lamely respond, "I'm good. How are you?" So people don't usually ask me that again lol.

Anyway, I realized it's been a long time since I posted!!! So what's up in my life:

1. The past month has been pretty exciting and challenging for me as I've made the decision to consciously live more healthily (if that's a word....). I hadn't blogged about it yet because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to keep it up but I'm determined!! So for me, healthy living has consisted of: going to the gym 3 times a week, making healther food choices, and having only one "sweet food item" a day. I now actually enjoy going to the gym and I wish that I could go everyday. I notice a big difference in the way I feel physically and emotionally on the days that I excercise. And, while it's no fun to have extra fruit instead of some chips, it's rewarding to get done with a meal and know that I didn't just put junk in my body. Of course, I splurge once in awhile. I had those amazingly yummy buttery breadsticks at Fazoli's, I made a batch of brownies. It's just all about moderation. And what would life be if we didn't treat ourselves to a yummy snack once in awhile?!!

2. Work has been fun the past week because one of my best friends is doing a 2-week internship at our office for "Winterim" at the christian school. So I've taught her all about the typewriter, insurance claims, charts, and more. We've had lots of laughs! I'm just enjoying seeing her once a day for 2 whole weeks! :)

3. The cold weather has returned again. Ugh... but no ice yet, which i'm thankful for! I got a couple of warm puffy vests for Christmas so i've had fun making use of those!

4. I've made a considerable amount of progress in Chemistry the past week and I feel like I have a better handle on it now. I'm thankful for a smart Dad and friend to help me. :) Thank you guys!

5. And... I can't think of anything else to share....

So thanks for checking in!!!

Blessings,
Molly

No comments: