Thursday, December 17, 2009

Persevere


I need a little break from the college applications so I thought I'd do a quick post :)

I've been reading through Hebrews and have delighted every night in seeing God meet me in the Scriptures.

Monday night was Hebrews 10:35-36, "So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised."

Tuesday night was Hebrews 11:39-40, "These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."

Last night was Hebrews 12:1-3, "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

On each of these nights I had found myself going upstairs to bed with a tired, discouraged, bad attitude. I have been trying to give one last hard push to get all of these essays done so that I can be finished with college applications. But I have found it is much easier said than done. The unknowns of going to these different schools is scary, and so different than where I thought I would be. BUT this is the race God has called me to. And where He leads me I WILL GO. I would a thousand times rather be 8 hours away and where He wants me than at my dream school and away from His plan.

So every night this week He's chosen to lift my head towards Him. To fix my eyes on Jesus and the Kingdom picture. To persevere and run the race because God has planned something better.

No comments: