Thursday, February 18, 2010

Beautiful Words

"Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:23-26

I love these beautiful words from the Savior. This was one of the references from Jesus Calling today. There are so many treasures in these 3 short verses and it encouraged my heart.

My Dad and I are taking off on another college adventure today. I am excited, nervous, and really just anticipating seeing what God has in store. There are some decisions that will be made on this trip that will either close or open the door. And I am praising God for a peace beyond understanding that has settled in my heart. It is beautiful to see God work in even the little things.

So I have scripture in my head and heart, bags packed, and a crisply ironed interview outfit on a hanger. I think I'm ready to go!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Beautiful words, indeed! Good luck on your college adventure! Have lots of fun with your Dad! And I'd like to put in a plug for my alma mater...Asbury College. You'd be a PERFECT fit there!!