Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sweet Words

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Be joyful always;
pray continually;
give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

I read these words today in my devotional and felt so convicted.

My heart and my thoughts have not reflected these words today.

I have found too many things to complain about than to be thankful for.

And I know full well I have NOTHING to complain about.

I have challenged myself for the rest of the week to live this verse.

Is there something wrong?

Be JOYful. THANK God for it. Yes. Thank Him. And then PRAY about it.

It's ok for me to feel hurt by someone's words or disappointed by something that happens.

Life is going to be full of frustrations and setbacks.

But it's my reactions to these things that are reflective of my faith.

May my heart reflect more and more the holiness and grace of the Father.

With JOY, THANKSGIVING, and PRAYER.

No comments: