Saturday, March 20, 2010

3 years....

3 years ago...
This week was a blur of life-changing moments in beautiful Guatemala...

I came home changed. Never to be the same. It was the starting point of a journey I wasn't expecting, an adventure far more challenging than any I would have volunteered for.

But God knew. And it's been 3 years of praying for this sweet little girl. My love for her has only grown, and along with it my passion for the orphans.

The heaviness on my heart last night was overwhelming as I pondered that first trip to Guatemala. I couldn't help but think about Claudia. Think about the chains of paperwork that have entangled her and thousands of others. And it was alot to think about.

This poem doesn't even come near to encompassing all that I held in my heart last night, but it's a little glimpse.

3 Years
3 Years, 36 months
Thinking and praying for you
Phone calls, emails, and letters
But there is nothing we can do
To get you home,
Sweet little girl
Oh how I love you
through and through
So I place you, place you
In the arms of a loving God
For He's promised not to leave you
He will keep you safe from harm
Maybe someday
I'll come find you
After all those years of waiting
There'll be nothing I'd rather do
Than to get you home
Sweet little girl
Oh how I love you
Through and through
3/19/10


"For I know the plans I havefor you,' declares the Lord, ' plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings." Psalm 36:7
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy one of Israel, your Savior......Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the West. I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'and to the south, 'Do not hold back!' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth- everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made." Isaiah 43:2-3, 5-7
Father, I cling to these promises and know that they are true. You are a faithful God and for that I am thankful. I pray, Lord, that you would gather our children from the east and the west. Please bring the fatherless home to their families. I look with hope to the future and trust that You have great things in store not only for Claudia but all of the other children as well!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Such a sweet poem Molly! And the verses are so promising! Keep holding on to them. I will also be holding on to them, as my little china boy is waiting for his forever family as well.

P.S.- The pictures are so cute, Claudia sure has grown a lot!