Sunday, January 3, 2010

Gearing Up for 2010

Are we ever ready?!

Really ready for this crazy journey called life?!

I really don't think we ever are. I don't think we ever will be. And I think God made it this way so that we would rely on Him and not our own readiness or independence.

So with that being said I am as ready as I'll ever be for 2010. I don't like making New Year's resolutions because I never keep them and get disappointed when I don't. But I do have some goals. And I'm getting excited for a really great year.

The next 12 months will hold alot of new seasons of life...graduating from high school, my last summer at home before college, going off to school somewhere...there's alot to think about. There have been times when my brain gets overwhelmed thinking about all that is to come, and my heart starts to tremble. But I look back on the journey so far and I see how God has refined me. Refined my heart, soul, and mind. He has provided in every way, more than I deserve. And so it is in this that I see hope, joy, peace, and contentment to come in Christ alone. For the next year, for the next season, for these goals I would like to meet. In Christ alone, I have been given everything I need to fulfill His calling and plan for my life.

Here's the goals...
1. Daily be digging into God's word, this precious gift that I take for granted of all too often.

2. Read......I have a whole list of Christian books I want to get through. Piper, Beth Moore....

3. Get back into journaling and poetry writing.

4. I started guitar over Christmas break and I'm determined not to forget what I've learned.

No comments: