Friday, May 15, 2009

Today...

Today I am alot of things.

I am thankful for another day of life. Another day of praising Jesus for His goodness to me.
"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

I am thankful for my amazing friends and family.
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:7

I am thankful that in 28 days I will be back in the country of my heart. I don't think I've talked about this on the blog yet. For some reason I felt like people would think I'm being extravagant. But really, come on! How can you serve orphans (and all people for that matter) TOO MUCH? Our church is taking a group down to the same orphanage in Guatemala. God totally opened the door and I jumped in the group at the last minute. So.... I will get to hold my girl again. I just can't think about leaving her down there again though. SO HARD. But like I said. We're not thinking about that right now!! I'm just thankful I get to go there again! God is too gracious.
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

I am thankful that the Lord continues His good work in my heart even when I fail Him. His grace is EXTRAVAGANT. His love is RADIANT. We serve an awesome God.
"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

A little look into my heart today. :)

2 comments:

Elle, Audrey and Alyssa said...

WOW!! That is so awesome that you are going back to Guatemala!

Sharon said...

That is great news,and thank you for telling us! I defiantly would have thought that you were bragging about it or anything. It is so awesome that you get to do this again, and the same orphanage where Claudia is! Wow, I bet you are so excited! Yeah I bet it would be so hard to leave her again, but just know that by you were there for her, even if she doesn't have a forever mommy or daddy, you are there to tell her you love her, and not only you but God does too!