Friday, May 8, 2009

Water for the soul

"Just think- you don't need a thing, you've got it all!! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the finale. And not only that, but God Himself is right alonside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up in Jesus. God, who got you started on this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of His Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that!!!"
1 Corinthians 1:7-9 (the Message)

Does that not bring a smile to your face? A breath of relief? Joy to your heart?

It did for me!! The Word just pours into the soul and refreshes. I was getting a little weary in my "spiritual adventure" this week and was so encouraged by this scripture. God got me started on this and He will NEVER GIVE UP ON ME. Not when I mess up. Not when I disappoint Him. Not when I run out of strength to keep running this race. He will never give up on me. Instead He just lavishes more grace, love, and mercy on me. It is amazing!

"And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."
Philippians 1:6

No comments: