Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Overwhelmed

I am overwhelmed today and couldn't NOT post.

I am overwhelmed when I sit here and see all that God has done in our family the past couple of weeks. Why do I ever doubt?? Why do I ever lose sight of who He is?

I am overwhelmed by how BIG our God is. Our God moves mountains, completely transforms hearts, performs miracles, and has a plan that is so huge and detailed that I can't even comprehend.

I am overwhelmed at the power of prayer. God has been SO FAITHFUL. God has been SO GOOD. And He answers every single prayer. I know, sometimes it feels like your prayers are bouncing off the ceiling. I have been there. But i have also seen and experienced God answer prayer and it is awesome.

I am overwhelmed by the love and support that God has given us. When I got home from work I had several emails in my inbox from dear friends. They were full of words of encouragement that touched my heart. I love you all so very very much.

I am overwhelmed with the thought of the journey that's ahead of us. I follow a gazillion adoption blogs and I read daily of the ups and downs of the process. Yet at the same time the Lord has been preparing me for this for YEARS! I have prayed for this very thing since I was 6 years old when God first touched my heart for the orphans. So while it's going to be long and hard I couldn't feel more ready for us to do it.

I am overwhelmed at the thought that somewhere, my little sister is in an orphanage. In fact if I dwell on this thought for too long I start feeling panicky- like I HAVE TO GO FIND HER NOW!!! Maybe some of you fellow adoptive families can relate. Or this is just a weird thought that I have.

I am overwhelmed at the thought that God cares deeply for each one of His children. He saw me when I was struggling on Sunday and Monday with the news about Claudia. He gave me little kisses from heaven today and has restored my mourning for rejoicing and hope of another little girl who will join our family. I thought of Isaiah 61:3, "bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." He truly did this for me today and I am so thankful.

So today I encourage you to look at our God in a fresh new way. To see Him for ALL THAT HE IS. To remember His miracles. To remember His plan. To remember His word. To remember His Son. To remember His love. Because we serve such an awesome God.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

That is so cool, international adoption, and Ethiopia would be really cool! Whatever happens it is God's perfect plan so don't worry! :)
"Do not be anxious about anything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God, and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 4:6-7


Let us know how the process is going!

Praying, Sharon

Elle, Audrey and Alyssa said...

Molly have you been to rainbowkids.com they have lots of waiting children from all over that are ready to be adopted.
Elle

Merrill said...

Hi Molly,
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I adopted my son from Guatemala. He spent the first 5 months of his life in the care of Eagle's Nest. We stayed several days at EN during a visit trip when my little boy was 3 months old. I hope you make time to explore Panajachel when you are in Guatemala. The Atitlan Nature Reserve is wonderful - try the canopy tour/zipline and see the Butterfly garden, take a boat ride on the lake and and see a few villages.
Take care,
Merrill