Thursday, June 4, 2009

Catch Up

I did not want my blog to be a twice-a-month explanation of why i don't have time to blog. Rather, I would love to do more frequent posts with more consistency than a summary of my day haha. BUT at the moment that's just not going to happen. Maybe tommorow. Or this weekend. Or next week.

But for a quick rundown of my life until I actually get into a schedule...

My best friend Milly graduated last weekend. It was so much fun to see her graduate and share in her exciting weekend. I cannot express how grateful I am for the gift of her friendship. She will be going to Guatemala and I am so excited to go on this adventure with my friend!

Guatemala is in NINE days. 200 hours away. Craziness. I face a bundle of emotions as I approach this trip. I go from absolute elation that I'm going home to the country of my heart. I get so excited thinking about holding the precious children, giving them the love and attention they so desperately crave. I can't wait to share in this experience with some of my closest friends, as well as get to know the other team members better. And, I will get to see Claudia. Then there are moments when I think that I can't bear to go back. I am so burdened for these children and these people that it hurts to go and see them. I don't know how I'll ever say goodbye to Claudia this time, knowing that it will probably be the last, since she's moving to the other orphanage. Yet- I am so in love with Jesus, burning with passion for the orphans and Guatemala, that I can't imagine NOT going. So, here I am. 9 days away from traveling. Praying that the Lord would continue preparing my heart for what He will teach me.

I'm slowly getting into my work schedule. Babysitting on Mondays and then working at the Dr. office on Tues, Wed, and Thurs. It has been alot harder getting used to working this much than I thought it would be. By the time I get home, it's usually 6:30, then eat dinner, and the evening is nearly over!! All you working mamas, I ADMIRE YOU! I'm 17 and I feel like I can't stay on top of my life! So, I'm falling into a schedule, and I know that it will get easier with every week.



I've gotten into an excercise routine the past couple of weeks and it is GREAT! I am doing Jillian Michaels 30-day shred video right now. It is only 20 minutes a day- PERFECT! And it's a fantastic workout. There's 3 levels of difficulty, so it gets harder as you move on and build endurance. I just didn't have time or energy to drive 20 minutes to the gym, work out for 1/2 hour, and drive 20 minutes back. Then shower. That would be my whole night. So, this is my compromise, and I'm still getting a workout and excercising. I highly recommend this excercise program!

My daddy has been working at an emergency room several states away since early Sunday morning. I MISS HIM!! He will be back Saturday and we're all excited to have him home. Thank you Dad for working so hard for our family! We can't wait to have you back!! :) I love you!

And... as far as the adoption... things are on hold until my dad gets home. I'll post when there's more news!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Love,
Molly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good workout routine. I should check that vid out! Thanks for the recomendation!

Kristen