Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Question....


I know that alot of my readers are passionate about orphans and adoption. I have a question for y'all. There are some days when the burden of the orphans is consuming. Sometimes I miss Claudia and the other kids so much that I just start crying. My sorrow for them and the desperation that I have to help them overwhelms me. Do any of you ever feel this way?? I am so thankful for the Word, for it gives me hope in knowing that God is their Father, and that He doesn't even let the sparrow out of His sight, much less a precious child of His! Yet even that does not completely take away this feeling!! And I suppose it can't/shouldn't. If God put this fire in our hearts then it won't be easily burnt out! Anyway... just seeing what you all have experienced. Let's get a conversation goin! :)


4 comments:

Sharon said...

I think you have them on your mind more than me because you have actually seen them and have visited them. But I do think of Orphans a lot, and some times my passion is more than others. I think it is just the more you do things and hear about the topic you are more passionate about it. I am so thankful that I heard about the plight of Orphans and I really do what to do something great for them. I hope my passion doesn't have an ending. I want to be and advocate all my life. And the more people who have the same mission the better. We can put our heads together and make a difference!!

Annie said...

I do think about "my baby" a lot, though, like Sharon said, I've never seen her in person before, so she is only a face to me. I'm hoping to visit her soon, though, and I'm already crying about having to leave her! I'm sure I'll be having these same feelings after having held and played with her in person and then having to let her go, knowing she has no family to go home to.
I'm so excited for how God is teaching us all to have His heart for orphans and Show Hope to them! May He be praised!

Molly said...

Thanks girls! :)

Annie, you're going to China?!!!! That is SOO exciting!! I'll be praying for you! Keep us updated on your blog! :)

Carrie said...

Molly,

God has placed orphans on your heart for a reason and that feeling you have could only be his way of preparing you for his future plans. Time can only tell.
I know it is a wonderful yet sad feeling I get for the orphan, especially knowing I have only brought one so far home, but we are working on the second and are so excited. I know only God placed Guatemala on our hearts where he gave us our miracle Elena, and it is God now placing Ethiopia on our hearts too. I love it even though the journey is unknown, exciting, and a little scary at times. I can wait to see the big things God has in store for you.