Saturday, December 11, 2010

Remembering


Dear Ornoria, Claudia, Ani, and Maria,


All I really wanted to do today was buy you and your sweet Guatemalan sisters Christmas presents. I could just hear your squeals of delight at the darling pink clothes, glittery lip gloss, and baby dolls. But I can't get those to you, sweethearts.


I'm praying the mammas are handing out extra hugs for me today because my arms are aching to do that right now. I'm praying someone is there to whisper "Te amo, preciosa," in your ears because you need to be reminded of that. I'm praying He sends someone to remind you of your beauty, ornoria. Inside and out you are a gorgeous princess. I'm praying someone is there to tickle you, Ani and Maria. You couldn't get enough of that last summer.


But most of all, my heart is crying out to the Lord for you. For you, and for every last child who sits today without a family. I am claiming Isaiah 61:1-3 for you:


The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me

to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,

to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,

to proclaim the Year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God,

to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion-

to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes,

the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of despair.

They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor.

Isaiah 61:1-3


I will not relent in praying and seeking the Lord's face until justice is found for the orphans.
Keep your eyes on Him, sweet ones.


All my love,
Molly

No comments: