Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Snapshot

In Bible study yesterday we did an excercise that I've never done before. We all took out paper and we're supposed to draw a picture or diagram of what our life with Christ looked like right now. In a little corner of the room, I attempted to draw my walk with the Lord. I prayed, asking Him to give me some insight into what He wanted me to learn through this.

The first thing I learned is that my artistic skills (or lack thereof) are incredibly frustrating haha.

The second thing I learned is that it's nearly impossible to put such an incredible thing such as the salvation into a picture.

Thankfully, words were able to flow better than a picture, so a poem is what developed instead. God really gave me a clear vision of my walk with Him as I wrote, and it was really neat to be reminded of where I've been, and His faithfulness to me. So here it is!

Snapshot
Never tried to put a picture to the seasons of my life
Put a mental image to the joy, victories, strife
But if I were an artist, I'd make the canvas be
A reflection of God's faitfulness displayed for all to see.
For even in disobedience, my Father was seated there.
Waiting for repentance, waiting for me to care.
And when I could barely trust Him, still He would guide my feet,
Waiting for me to surrender to a love I could not meet.
He has led, sustained, protected, my Redeemer, Savior, Lord
He has captivated my heart, drawn me to Himself and to His word.
12/7/10
If you're looking for a good excercise, try this one. Just sit down and pray and ask God to give you a picture (literally) of your walk with Him- both the past and the present. It's a wonderful reminder of His faithfulness.

No comments: