Thursday, November 27, 2008

Proverbs 31 Wife

I spent some time surfing blogs tonight while we were watching a movie and I found myself at several blogs of mothers who had posted/commented/highlighted Proverbs 31 as their "theme verse." I also saw a couple of blogs of girls my age who said in their profile that they wanted to be a "Proverbs 31 wife." I thought that was so cool and I was so encouraged to find other girls like me who already are striving to become Godly women that we might serve our husbands well (whenever that stage of life happens!). It's hard to sum up all of my thoughts on this topic and I know that since I'm not married I really am clueless lol. And yes, I know I'm only 17. I have no idea if I really ever will get married. Yes, I know that marriage isn't everything. Yes I know that it's one of the hardest things ever. BUT it is also one of God's highest callings, something He started way back in the Garden of Eden. So anyways, I did write a poem, trying to express myself. It doesn't even begin to do the job but.... it's something!!1

Proverbs 31 Wife

This calling God gives, to be a mother and wife
My heart hopes and longs that this may be my life
I pray that I'll be all he wants in a wife
That I'll comfort, respect him even in the midst of strife
Though it feels far away, my teen years are nearly over
I have so much to learn to be the woman I hope for
With God's help may I be this “wife of noble character”
One who is faithful, loving, and a very hardworker
A woman whose words are gentle and quiet
A mother who teaches her children with wisdom
May my arms be wide open to welcome the orphans
That Christ's love might be shown through the beauty of adoption
I look to this Scripture and pray it will guide
My prayers to the Savior, in whom I will confide
My prayers, hopes, and dreams for that season of life
Where God calls me to marriage, to be a Godly wife.
Molly 11/27/08

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Awhhh Molly, you tugged at my heart strings again and wrote another lovely poem. I pray every day that God will prepare you to be a godly Proverbs 31 wife and mother and that He is preparing a godly Ephesians 5 young man to be your best friend and forever husband.

Much love always,
Your Momma XOXO

Sharon said...

God has really gifted you with this poem writting. I also long to be what you have written.