Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday

How appropriate that Thankful Thursday is on Thanksgiving?!! So now you get to hear all about what I'm thankful for on this day of giving thanks to our great God! I'm just going to use this to summarize my thoughts from today as I've pondered all that God has done in my life. The things will probably be redundant as I've blogged about all of them in the past but oh well! This post is for me and my heart as I praise God for all He is! I find that I take for granted these incredible, core parts of my faith and this should not be!!

  1. At our girls bible study we've been reading Romans. Anna and I sit and look at eachother, just trying to fathom how and why He would possibly forgive us and then LOVE us! How amazing is that?!!

"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. "

Psalm 13:5


Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes. Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings."


Psalm 17:7-8


2. This season of my life has, along with many other lessons, been a time of finding hope. Through scripture and words of encouraging people I've come to realize that as Christians, we are never left without hope. I'm so thankful for that!! It is almost healing to have the promise of hope when one's heart has been left wounded by the disappointments, harshness, and pain of this world. I find comfort and rest in knowing that there is hope for a future, hope for a new day, a second chance. My heart is so much more joyful and my outlook so much more positive since the Lord revealed this great hope to me.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


Jeremiah 29:11


3. I am so thankful for the beautiful body of Christ. It has been so amazing as I've gotten older to see firsthand what it means to be apart of this body. Serving and being served. Rejoicing for and with others. Crying on their shoulders and letting them cry on mine. It is just an incredible group of people, pieced together like a jigsaw puzzle, linked by each person's gifts and personalities, and saturated by the love of Christ in all of our hearts.


"Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully."


Romans 12:4-8

4. And, lastly, I'm thankful that when I think about the past year I see so clearly the kisses from heaven and fingerprints of God ALL OVER!! HE has changed me, stripped me of idols, and taught me despite my sin, rebellion, pride, and selfishness. He could just leave me yet He didn't! He chose to teach and guide me that I may look back on my life and give Him glory saying, "My gracious Father, look what You have done!! Great are you Lord and worthy to be praised!!!"

Blessings,

Molly

No comments: