Tuesday, February 24, 2009

God is Good

Today was a really good day. Actually, the past few days have just been REALLY good. It's been one of those days when God's faithfulness, grace, mercy, and goodness have been overwhelming. I could just cry with thankfulness.

So.... this afternoon I baked a cake and told my family we were having a "God is good" party tonight. It was like 15 minutes long and consisted of us eating cake and ice cream together. But it was fun. And it was my way of showing my family that I was thankful for them and loved them. That through the blessing of my family, I see God's goodness to me.

I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.

My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.

Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.

I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.

Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.

This poor man called, and the LORD heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.

The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.

Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

Psalm 34:1-8

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Hi Molly,

Mmmmmmm!Your surprise cake was yummy and the time we spent together as a family sweet! (Pun not intended!Ha!)

We love you and appreciate your heart!

XOXO Love, Your Momma