Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

"From the fullness of His grace, we have received one blessing after another."
John 1:16

Is that scripture not true?!! Out of the fullness of His INCREDIBLE grace, we have received MANY MANY blessings! Yes God is sovereign, and no life is certainly not easy. But through it all, God is good, and we need not look further than His word to find incredible blessings.

After I read that verse this morning I immediately thought of the basic provisions He has provided me with that I take for granted: home, food, clothes, car, etc. I thought further and my list expanded to the church, family, and friends. As I began thinking about that I realized just how many times God has used other people to shower His blessings on me. I thought about all of the incredible people He has placed in my life who have taught me, loved me, and encouraged me. He has been so generous in giving me dear friends, mentors, role models, and Godly parents. They are some of God's greatest blessings to me, and through them, I have experienced firsthand some of God's greatest gifts, as they show me grace, love, and mercy. Thank you, dear ones, from the bottom of my heart. So God has given me these people. Who has He given other people? I hope that I have been a blessing to others. I hope that I have not thrown aside opportunities to be a blessing to other people. If I have been shown such grace and love from our great God, my immediate response should be to long to show it to others, be a beacon of light and love for Christ. So, as I go about my day, I pray that my life is a blessing to others. I long to reflect back to others the great blessings that have been shown to me.

"From the fullness of His grace, we have received one blessing after another."
John 1:16

May we rest in the comfort of His grace, the warmth of His love, and the beauty of His mercy. We have been covered in blessings from above. Now let's pass it on and be a blessing to someone else.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Molly:

Happy 1st year anniversary to your blog!

Just wanted you to know how much I have enjoyed reading it and catching up on your thoughts, dreams, prayers and every day life.

Being a blessing to others is a life long task. What is rewarding is to find out from someone, maybe even years later, that you are remembered and have impacted or changed a life. It could be something you said, wrote or did that moved them. Knowing or NOT knowing IS a blessing in itself.

Know that you are a blessing to everyone who knows you. Keep shining your light! You are loved, appreciated and an inspiration to all of us.

I love you, Aunt Lucia

Sharon said...

Great post, Thanks! You really are a blessing to me at least! I really do enjoy reading your blog and I love how you share your faith so well! You really do encourage me and I am sure many others!