Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Decisions

Majors, minors, lawyers, designers
A plan for our life, a course to unfold

With classes abounding, our options astounding
Careers for our future, to make a way in this world

There's so many choices and so many voices
I struggle to hear God's whisper come in.

Deep down I desire to be a wife and mother
Give the fatherless a home, see people saved from their sin.

So I wait here in college, with confident knowledge
that the Lord will direct, His will, His plan.

Not a class will be wasted, for I have tasted
The redemption of God, the hope of man.

2/8/11

All of life is full of decisions. If you're not deciding one thing, you're waiting on more information to decide another! In college, we're faced with the big decision of what we want to do for the rest of our lives. There's hundreds of majors and minors to choose from. Everyone changes their minds a million times and then half of us probably won't even end up doing what we studied in the first place! But, I feel like we're supposed to at least give our best effort in making a good decision. So I feel like I'm kind of stuck in the middle right now. Deep down in my heart, I just long for my life and my future to be what God wants. But, I'm being reminded that the Lord gives us freedom in choices as well.
So...I ponder my gifts, talents, and passions and try to come up with an option that blends them all together knowing that in the midst of my confusion I can praise Him for His plan!

No comments: