Monday, May 2, 2011

An adventure


I leave for Spain in 15 days.
It finally hit me today when my professor told me, "The next time I see you will be in the Madrid airport!!"
Wow.

This trip has been another huge journey of trusting the Lord. I have felt so much anxiety, stress, and fear about traveling halfway around the world for 7 weeks. Yet through my fear, the Lord has so graciously covered me in peace, and even brought an excitement and anticipation for what this summer has to bring.

I have a feeling that the next few months are going to be pretty big. I'll be studying abroad in Spain, speaking the language that the Lord has obviously placed in my life for a reason. My boyfriend will be studying abroad in China. Many of my friends here are traveling to other places as well, doing mission trips, or working at summer camps. God is putting us in faraway places. I can't help but think it is to teach us, to shape us, to make clear His call on our lives, define His vision for our future ministry.

It's exciting and scary and overwhelming. But the Lord will be holding my hand on every step of the adventure. In the loneliness, in the homesickness, in the weaknesses. In the joys, in the excitement, in the awe. He will be there. The same God we worship here at home is the same one half-way across the world. The God of Nations, the Ancient of Days. Hallelujah!

No comments: