Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Someday...

If I ever....
...get to pile 9 kids into the car to go to church.
...have 50 dirty socks to wash on a given day.
...have 9 mouths to cook for (10 with a hubby). :)
...have 9 faces to kiss, 18 hands to hold, 9 little (or big) voices to listen to.
...sing 9 goodnight songs.
....get to hang a family picture on the wall like this one with children from my tummy, Guatemala, Ethiopia, around the world....
...I will be the most fortunate and blessed woman alive.

I will go to bed exhausted, I will stress out, I will worry about how to pay the bills. I will worry about those 9 (or however many) little lives and the 147 million more.

But I will still be so blessed.

I am so thankful that the Lord has placed families like the Blocks in my life, even if only to watch and learn from. Their simple blog posts that share honesty through the hard and scary times, through the joy and triumph. I'm learning what it means to LOVE. Love in marriage, love as a mom, love the orphan, the widow, the hurting, the poor. The Lord is shaping a vision, a dream, a hope for the future. It's easy to dwell on the future too much, but sometimes, it's okay to think of all that God could do. And I think He probably gets pretty excited when we're excited about serving Him.

So someday....if the Lord wills for me to be that mom of many, I'll post that family picture. And all the glory will be HIS, for He is the rescuer of orphans, and the Father of us all.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Love this!! I am right there with you! It makes me so happy to see families like this! I know it wouldn't be at all easy to have that many kids and go through all those adoptions, but it's a good thing God didn't call us to an easy life! It's great to see my generation stepping up to care for the orphan and longing to give them a home. I can't wait!! :) Also, it's so great to be able to have these types of families in our lives so that we can learn from them. It may not prepare us fully, but it totally helps us to see the joys and hardships that await us. Bless you Molly! I hope to meet you someday, maybe when we both have a couple kids from around the world. :)

Katrina said...

Awwwwwwh! I hope and pray that God will bless you with that quiver full too! I am very thankful for all the families that God has given a HUGE heart for the orphan to for you to watch and learn from. I can't wait to see what the Lord does with the passion He has burdened you with.

Love you lots!
XOXO Your Momma (:

Amy said...

Molly!!! You are such a blessing! I adore your and I adore your heart! I am telling you- if you 'get it' at your age then I cannot WAIT to see what God does with your life! I wish I had known when I was younger... but I was way to busy living in 'population me'. I would have given anything to be like YOU. Love you sweet girl and I pray the Lord lets us meet in person one day! :)

Annie said...

Someday you and I will be sharing tips for cooking for, cleaning after, schooling, and loving our 9 kids! :) I'm SO with you on wanting a mega-Rainbow family!