Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Beautiful Savior...

My mom and I went on a ladies' retreat this weekend. It was phenomenal. The speaker was incredible and I wish that I could blog every little thing that she said. One of the ladies said, "Her sessions were like water to the dry and thirsty soul." I agree with her! The sessions covered lots of things but in a nutshell, the topic was our beautiful Savior (who He is, what He's done), how He transforms us, what that makes us (His daughters), and what we do in response.

"For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."
1 Corinthinans 2:2

Our walk with the Lord should not end after our acceptance of Him. We must continue on in our journey, digging through our hearts and throwing out the garbage. We must surrender all the things that are keeping us from knowing Christ more in a deeper way. This is so convicting to me. I am a total control-freak with my relationship with Christ. I hold back what I'm not willing to surrender. I hold onto it for dear life. In the end, all it does is hurt me. It keeps me from knowng my Savior more. It keeps me from knowing Christ, the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His suffering because I'm too distracted and obsessed with keeping myself comfortable. God is not satisfied with leaving us where we are!! And I LONG to grow closer to Him!

So, I'm thankful for a wonderful weekend and a renewed spirit. The following poem was written during my devotional time on Sat. morning at the retreat.

Delicate Hearts
Our hearts, our souls are such delicate things
They get broken and wounded so easily
We hide in our shame, our lack of perfection.
We keep asking the Lord this very core question.
Am I loved? Adored? Cherished? Adopted?
Or are my sins too great, my past too faulted?
He answers our cries with His gentle whisper.
You're beloved, sweet child, my beautiful daughter.
You are mine, forever, bought with a cost.
I have broken the chains, you are no longer lost.
Little by little, I'll transform who you are.
We will do it together, I won't leave you in the dark.
Our hearts, our souls, are such delicate things.
Yet they're held so tenderly by our glorious King.
Molly 4/25/09
Thank you Lord for holding our hearts, for reminding us of our beauty when we don't feel it, for reminding me of what it means to be Your daughters. You are such a loving Father.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

This is a really awesome poem! I have been learning the same things lately, that we are holding back things that are keeping us comfortable, but they are only hurting our walk with the lord. It was cool to hear it in another prospective!