"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire."
Oh SO many things to be thankful for today... this is going to be a really random post- lots of serious thoughts but also some silly ones.
1. Our opening scripture at church on Sunday was 2 Timothy 2:13, "If we are faithless, He will remain faithful, for He cannot disown himself." For whatever reason, this verse has been running through my head all week. It brings several thoughts. First, I feel convicted. I am convicted of being faithless. I do not show complete devotion to our Father, and I do not show faith like a child. Over and over again, I choose something else over Him, or my heart harbors unbelief that He can perform miracles or change a situation. Secondly, I am filled with AWE!! The whole concept of God's faithfulness to us just blows me away. It is amazing. In this verse, it says that He must remain faithful or He will disown Himself. The essence of our sweet loving Jesus is faithfulness. He will remain forever and ever, a strong foundation that we can stand upon without ever doubting if it will hold. Praise Jesus! Thank you that you are faithful!!
2. My mom and I went on college visits last week (that's a whole other post in itself lol) but on the way there and back, we listened to some exceptional sermons on dating and marriage. The pastor was talking about just how incredible the love is that our Father shows for us and how He pursues us again and again and again. Over and over. Day after day. Year after year. We turn away from Him, become "adulterers" by choosing other things before our sacred relationship with Christ. Yet, He comes back to me and says, "Daughter, I love you. Despite your imperfections. Despite your stubborness. Despite your sin. I love you and forgive you. Come back to me." That is so beautiful!! I am so thankful that my sweet Jesus pursues me.
3. While I'm on the topic of college..... I could write a book. But suffice it to say that I am incredibly thankful for all the wonderful options that I have. And most of all, I am clinging to God's promise that He has a plan. I'm prone to fear and anxiety, worrying that I will choose the wrong place. I mean, this is a HUGE decision. But I have no reason to worry!! The Lord knows each step I will take and where I will be fall of '10!! I am so thankful that I can rest in His plan.
4. Now this one will show how nerdy I am!! But I am truly thankful for all of the other blogs that are out there. I know it sounds weird but I'm not embarassed to admit it. I love reading other people's blogs and following their journey. God has used other people's stories to help grow me. I have been inspired and touched by their lives. I have formed a better vision of the kind of woman that I want to be, the kind of teacher, daughter, wife, and mother that I hope to be in the future. And- I wish I could meet you all!!!! :) Maybe someday. So thanks for sharing your lives, your stories, your photography. I love it all! :)
5. I am so thankful for the sunshiney day out and the warmer weather!
6. I'm thankful I'm almost halfway through this crazy month of April lol! With the help of the calendar, a school plan, and lots of to-do lists I've done fairly well.... so far! :)
7. I'm thankful for a long weekend to spend with family. My aunt and uncle came in from NY today, and we'll see the other side of the family as well on Easter after church.
I hope you all have a FABULOUS THANKFUL Thursday!! Remember to PRAISE our God for all of the blessings He has lavished upon us.