Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Captured my Heart

I gave my heart away 11 years ago to Someone who loves me more than I can comprehend, who sacrificed more than I'll ever know so that He could have my heart forever. And you know what the best part is?? He will NEVER break it. He holds my heart tenderly, He sees to the very deepest part, He heals the broken parts. The lover of my soul, Jesus, has captured my heart.

In Isaiah 62:1-5 God writes (i added the italics):

For Zion's sake I will not keep silent,
for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet,
till her righteousness shines out like the dawn (until you shimmer),
her salvation like a blazing torch.
The nations will see your righteousness,
and all the kings your glory (your beauty);
you will be called by a new name
that the mouth of the Lord will bestow.
You will be a crown of splendor in the Lord's hand (the crown of creation),
a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
No longer will they call you Deserted,
or name your land Desolate.
But you will be called Hephzibah (my delight is in her),
and your land Beulah (married);
for the Lord will take delight in you,
and your land will be married.
As a young man marries a maiden (he pursues her, romances her)...
as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride (you are lovely),
so will your God rejoice over you.

Is that not beautiful??!! I read that today and was like, "Wow. That is so amazing." My mentor and I are still working through Captivating and this week's chapter was about the hatred that the Enemy has for women. Ladies, he fears us!! John and Stasi Eldredge say, "Satan has set against every woman from the day of her brith. It's the emotional and spiritual equivalent of leaving a little girl by the side of the road to die. And to every woman he has whispered, "You are alone, or, When they see who you really are, you will be alone, or, No one will ever truly come for you.... Satan is the one who has done these things to prevent your restoration. For this is what he fears. He fears who you are; what you are; what you might become. He fears your beauty and your life-giving heart." So let's FIGHT ladies!! Reading this made me want to reject all the world says about me. It made me want to stand up, be bold, and go unafraid into the world to achieve all that God has for me- reach my full potential.

So going back to the Scripture above- I hope that your heart is encouraged as mine was when I read this. What sweet promises our Savior gives. He delights in us, pursues us, romances us, loves us. Everything our heart longs for!! How amazing. How great is our God and worthy to be praised. So take heart, beauties. We have a lover who will fight for us. We have a lover who believes without a shadow of a doubt that we are beautiful- even when we can't see it in ourselves. Let's rise up in the strength of our God and reach the full potential that He has for us. We can find victory through Him.

No comments: