Monday, August 10, 2009

Glimpses of His Face


Have you ever been stopped by beauty? Beauty that reflects the majesty and glory of God? Something in creation that makes you stop and think, "My God is amazingly fantabulously incredible!" When I saw the sunset the other night I was stopped by its incredible beauty (I was still able to to take lots of pictures though lol). God has placed things on this earth that reflects His irresistible beauty. I feel like He hung that sunset just for me. Just as the sun rises and sets every morning without fail, God is faithful to His promises. He is constant, unchanging, and irrestibly beautiful, just as the sunset is. I have trouble summing up the words, because our God is truly indescribable.



O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
above the heavens.



When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
Psalm 8:1,3,4


For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
the LORD bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is blameless.
Psalm 84:11



Let the name of the LORD be praised,
both now and forevermore.
From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,
the name of the LORD is to be praised.
The LORD is exalted over all the nations,
his glory above the heavens.
Psalm 113:2-4

2 comments:

Spencer said...

I love it when God just makes you gasp at the beauty of creation - it's honestly one of favorite things God does (sort of like a treat when He does it). I'm actually gonna do my next blog post similar to this one. Oh and we have the sunrise service coming up! Nice timing with the post, lol.

Sharon said...

Nice pictures. This makes me think of the pictures I got at the beach or the sunrise. It is one of God's most beautiful creations, I think. It is so awesome to watch, every one is different and special in it's own way.