Thursday, March 31, 2011

20 Things

We had to make a "bucket list" of 20 things we want to do before we die for our health class. I sat down at my computer thinking, "Oh this is going to be so easy. That's not many things at all." But as I got going, I realized that it's a harder task than I thought.

The Lord has given us one life. ONE. Our time on this Earth is precious. I want to make every minute count, yet I waste so much time. So much opportunity. The harvest is ripe, it is ready....and yet much of it is in the field rotting. At the same time, there is much that is being done for the kingdom, and it is beautiful. The Lord is growing hearts, churches are reaching out to the lost, missionaries are sharing the Gospel, families are adopting the orphan. Beautiful things are happening everyday.

So this list is not in any particular order, and some are obviously more important than others. I'm excited to see what God has for me...and which ones I'll get to cross off! :)

Health 195

3/31/11

20 Things to Do Before I Die

  1. Get Married
  2. Have a baby
  3. Adopt kids
  4. Run an orphanage
  5. Go to Uganda
  6. Evangelize and bring someone to Christ in Spanish
  7. Run a half-marathon
  8. Be a missionary over-seas (hopefully/maybe in Guatemala)
  9. Read through the Bible in Spanish
  10. Write a book or 2…
  11. Speak at a women’s conference
  12. Teach about orphans and adoption
  13. Learn to cook
  14. Go on a hiking adventure of some sort
  15. Start a non-profit organization for adoptive families
  16. Get my counseling license
  17. Learn how to take quality pictures
  18. Own and decorate my own house
  19. Learn to lead worship on piano
  20. Teach a health/parenting/lamaze class in Spanish

2 comments:

julie t said...

Can I please hold #'s 2, 3, & 4? I'll pray about all the others too !
Such selfless ideas.
Precious heart.

Katrina said...

You'd better plan on twins cuz I want to hold them too! Ha Ha!

XOXO
Your Momma (: