Monday, June 13, 2011

On Spain and the like....


So, if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm living in Spain right now! The past week I've found myself falling into a little bit of a rhythm here. And anyone who has spent any time with me knows that I am a schedule girl. If I have a routine, then I can manage life. If everything's chaotic, let's just say that Molly gets a little crabby. :) Anyways, a really fascinating part about getting to know the area has been the opportunity to see cultural norms here. Analyze families, gender roles, lifestyles, marriage, relationships. I have always loved reading about other cultures or time periods and seeing what a typical "day in the life" was like.

So, I decided that while I'm here, I'll start a sort of series entitled On Spain and the Like. It'll be a chance for me to put into writing what I'm seeing (so I won't forget), and hopefully a chance for you to get a little taste of Spain. So stay tuned! :)

No comments: