Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Standing on the Promise

So i'm going to take a quick intermission from my On Spain and the Like posts to talk about life.

Standing on the Promises
Standing on the promises of Christ my King,

Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.

Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I’m standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,
Standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,
Standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God.


I've been standing on the promises this week, reminding myself of what the Lord has done, what He has said. The lyrics of this hymn popped into my head yesterday and when I looked them up I found them so encouraging. "When the storms of doubt and fear prevail...by the Living Word of God I shall prevail.." That is so where my heart is at right now. There is some definite spiritual warfare going on here in Spain and it is really putting me to the test.

Yet the Lord has put practical encouragement and truth right in my path, and even when it feels like everything's kind of falling apart I know that my feet are standing on truth. And that truth is stronger, more powerful, and more secure than any type of academic or earthly success.

So I share with you these promises, that your heart may grasp hold of them along with me. My prayer for this blog is for it to be a ministry and blessing to others. If you're in the storm of fear and doubt, take hold of the Truth that our God has given. He promises to equip us with strength for the trial, and He will never give us more than we can bear. His plans are for a hope and future, and He is good, even when life doesn't seem to be going the way we wanted it to.

Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for(A) he who is in you is greater than(B)he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5Let your reasonableness be known to everyone.(H) The Lord is at hand; 6(I) do not be anxious about anything,(J) but in everything by prayer and supplication(K) with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And(L) the peace of God,(M) which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:5-7

You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you.
4Trust in the LORD forever,
for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.

Do not fear for I am with you, Do not anxiously look about you... (I Peter 5:7)

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for(E) he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

Stand firm on His promises- for the one who called you is FAITHFUL!

No comments: