Tuesday, July 15, 2008

LOVE THIS VERSE!!!

Every devotional time has been an adventure for me. Each time I discover a new "treasure," a verse I've never seen before or perhaps a verse that takes on a completely new meaning. This love for the Word has been completely given by God. He planted that seed in my heart and now the thirsty soil is being fed by Living Water. Praise God for that!! What a blessing and a gift the Word of the Lord is. I never realized I had been in that rut for so many years, all because I had neglected reading the Bible and spending time with the Lord.

Anyway, here's one of my treasures from yesterday. I had never heard this passage and I love the part that I italicized:

"O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will life up my hands. "
Psalm 63:1-4
How beautiful is that?!!! "your love is better than life." It truly is!! God's love is extravagant, never-ending, and unconditional. It is greater than any love our earthly father can ever lavish on us. How good our God is!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so amazing! I love sayings like those. And what's so neat is that they are 100% true sayings that you can lean on. Thanks very much for sharing!

Kristen