Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thoughtful Thursday

Several thoughts for the day!! :)

This morning I went to a sunrise praise and worship service. 6 of us got up before the crack of dawn to meet and watch the sunrise while praying, singing, and sharing. It was amazing (i SOOO wish I'd brought my camara... i guess my brain wasn't thinking that well at 4:30 in the morning!!) I was reminded once again of the incredible people that God has placed in my life. I'm so thankful He's given me people who want to grow and be challenged in their faith and that I can be apart of it.

This afternoon I went to the pool with my friend Alexa. We don't see eachother that often but we can always just pick up where we left off last time. Our lack of routine time together doesn't affect our ability to share and trust. We sat in the sun for the afternoon and had a really good talk. We both share alot of the same challenges, feelings, dreams, and fears. I left feeling refreshed and encouraged. So often in my life, I find that I don't get past the shallow conversations. As Christians, we have the amazing opportunity to grow and learn with our friends, even while casually talking at the pool.

In less than 8 days I will be leaving for New York City!!! I'm soo excited!! I can't believe that it's finally here. I know that God has SOO much to show me and teach me and that I will be majorly stretched!! The Lord has been faithful in humbling me this past week showing me that this trip is about HIM and that I will be doing it by HIS strength and NOT MY OWN!! Praise God for His patience. I can be so prideful and stubborn!!

As we were picking out music for the service this morning I stumbled upon this song that I hadn't heard in a long time. It hasn't stopped running through my head and I keep thinking about the lyrics. God has been showing me so many things and I felt like this song is exactly what I've been praying:

Purify my heart
touch me with your cleansing fire
Take me to the cross,
Your holiness is my desire.

Breathe Your life in me,
Kindle a love that flows from your throne.
Oh, purify my heart,
Purify my heart.

Have a FANTASTIC Thursday!!!

God bless,
Molly

I've never signed my posts before but saw another blogger do it and kind of like it.... we'll see if I'll stick to it!! :)

No comments: