Thursday, October 30, 2008

Makes Me Wonder...

So, as all of you know, I'm an adoption blog addict. Yep. That's me. Can't keep myself away from reading about these families as they grow through adoption. Watching them carry out the most beautiful form of love and grace to a child in need. Seeing the first moment they meet their child. Hearing their stories. I LOVE it, take it all in. And it makes me wonder... what does God have in store?? Does He have a moment planned out like this for me:
Will I get to see my husband reach to hold our daughter for the first time??? Will I even get married? lol

I sure hope so. But God's will is hidden from our eyes, forcing us to trust Him, that what He has in store for us is perfect. And, it makes me focus on this chapter of my life as well. I have to finish this before I can move onto the next one! So as I dream and wait I'm trying to embrace the season He has put me in even though my heart longs to be somewhere else! I know that He has lessons for me here and now!!

"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Great post and I am going through a lot of the same things that you are, that is so cool. I often give up on getting married because he hasn't came along yet, but I know I just have to trust God and learn the lessons God is teaching me through the waiting. And I know that (hopefully) I will become a better person through it all.

Nitro Krycerin said...

I had pretty much given up on dating when I met my future husband. I was 26. We got married when I was 28. It was not MY choice... I expected to meet Mr. Right at 18, then 20, then 22, etc...

When we tried to start a family, nothing happened. We turned to adoption, and it took a looong time for that too. We'd been married 10 years when we finally got our children.

All this is to say that God's perfect timing cannot be rushed or underestimated. It certainly was not our choice to meet "late" and have children "late", and yet, God, in His perfect vision has blessed us in every stage of waiting.

It sounds like you're in the here and now and that's great. Learn what you can from today, and don't worry about tomorrow. Worry won't help a thing. :)

Blessings, Chris Gardner