Friday, April 22, 2011

A Familiar Ache


I've had that familiar ache in my heart this week to return to Guatemala again.
To see Claudia. To hug Ornoria and heart the twins laugh again as they cook up all kinds of mischief. To see the new precious ones who have found refuge at Eagle's Nest.
Sometimes the memories lessen, and I can try to "forget." But as I pay attention to that dull ache, I remember again. And my heart longs to help, and to be there for those kids. I long to be there to help clean up all the pain and hurt in this world. I watched a documentary last night on human trafficking and felt so overwhelmed with the enormity of it combined with the orphan that all I could do was go up to my room and cry as I prayed.

It's in times like these that I only find peace in Romans 8:26, "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For(B) we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but(C)the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."
I honestly don't know how to pray when my heart is breaking for the orphan, the slave, the girl who is trapped in sex trafficking. It is all too heavy for my heart. I so want to find a solution. I want to bring hope and freedom. And I just don't know how to do that. BUT- we have been given the Spirit who will intercede for us, for the orphan, the starving with groanings too deep for words. The groans of the Spirit will be far deeper, far more sorrowful than the cries of our hearts could ever be. And somehow, this Truth meets the heaviness of my heart. Knowing that there is One who sees the pain, and meets us there.

And, after the ache in my heart and the longing I have to grow up and DO something, seeing the absolute JOY on this sweet girl's face brought a smile to mine. There is HOPE, there is JOY, there is a FUTURE. "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free." Galatians 5:2

I'm ready to be apart of setting these children free!

No comments: