Saturday, April 9, 2011

My cup overflows

As I thought about my week, the only thing that could accurately describe it was, "my cup overflows." I have seen an outpouring of the Spirit on my life the past 6 months unlike anything I've ever experienced. This past week was no different. The funny thing about this week was that it was really really hard. There were a lot of tears, a lot of searching around in my heart, a lot of discussion with God about hard things. But yet looking back on growth the Lord brought, I see His provision and blessing time and time again. It was such a cool thing yesterday to call my mom and tell her all that God has been teaching me this week, and then to rejoice together and praise the Lord! The Lord turns our mourning into dancing, and as He stretches parts of my heart, I see Him coming right back and soothing it with love. It's beautiful.

"You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
Psalm 23:4-5

I also started on a sugar-free diet again to see if that will help my weird blood-sugar issues. I'm allowing myself one piece of chocolate a day and then some pretzels/animal crackers :) The amazing thing is, that I've only been doing it for a few days and I've felt better than I have in a month. Though I'm taking things away that I love (aka ice cream), I have still been able to see the "overflowing cup" in my life. I have people who will support me in this, a grocery store full of sugar-free foods to explore. The last time I did sugar-free I didn't have a great attitude. But I'm really striving to change that this time around. I have nothing to complain about. Nothing. Finding joy in this will be a daily battle, but I'm excited to pick up the sword of Truth and fight. :)

I know that it won't be long before I reach a point where it's hard to see the overflowing of the Lord. But He has promised to lavish goodness, mercy, and love on us all the days of our lives and I believe His words are true.

Some things to ponder:
1. Am I seeing the overflow of goodness and mercy from the Lord in my life or am I focusing on the things that are not going my way?
2. Make a list of things that are "overflowing from your cup." Could be material blessings, relationships, or spiritual growth.
3. Are there certain areas of my life I refuse to find joy in? I often find myself being too stubborn to let go of what I had planned for a situation. This keeps us from praising the Lord for His sovereignty and provision, and steals the joy we could find even in disappointment or trial.
4. PRAY! Make notecards and hang them everywhere. Tell someone else and have them keep you accountable for your attitude and thoughts.

Have a blessed weekend!
Molly

3 comments:

julie t said...

Amen, What a blessing.
Will pray God continues to minister and encourage, and reveal answers too, like through the sugar elimination.
Dark chocolate, great antioxidant Will email you a couple of recipes to satisfy sweet tooth , using stevia.
love,

Audrey said...

You have no CLUE how convicting that was. Ouch. Thank you so much.

Lindsey said...

Molly, I am so glad to be able to put a face with your name! When I first came to your blog, I thought of Audrey and all of the wonderful things you guys had in common. I did not realize until later that you already knew one another :) I have been able to read several of your blog posts, and I just love it!