Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ripened

Ripened

The harvest is ripened, yet the fields are rotting

There are hearts that are crying out for the truth

That someone would love them, teach them, save them

What if they’re looking to me and you?

We are called to be fishers, disciples, teachers

Why are we waiting till we’re done with our youth?

It makes my heart ache to see the days that we waste

When they’re calling out for help from me and you.

Let us lead lives of purpose, with boldness and courage

With eyes set on Jesus, in our weakness His strength

Though we’ll face opposition, let this be our mission

To reach our neighbors, the world, no matter the length

Be it listening, talking, praying, or crying

Showing grace, hope, and love is a beautiful thing

Adopting the orphan, feed the hungry, hold the dying

We’re just simple hands working hard for the king

Our energy’s plenty, and the harvest is ready

I have only one life, this I surrender to You

That they would know from my words, my smile, my touch,

The redeeming hope and love that only comes from You.

4/23/11

I was up late last night with this poem on my mind and in my heart. I'd written the first stanza several weeks ago but hadn't had the time to sit in the stillness and let the Lord speak to my heart. In my cozy room at home, late last night, I was able to sit and collect my thoughts and finish this poem.

The Lord has been burdening my heart for the needs, both physical and emotional/spiritual of both the unreached and of the Church. The fields are ripe, ready for harvest. Where are the workers? I include myself in this COMPLETELY. How often I choose my own selfish comfort rather than investing in someone else. How often I chase after my own dreams rather than ministry opportunities.

I encourage you to ponder along with me.

Where/who/what is my "field?"

What changes do I need to make in order to serve there?

How can I best prepare myself for future ministry?

Psalm 86:9
“All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name.”


No comments: