Thursday, April 14, 2011

Miracle

"Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them."
Hebrews 7:25

"If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you."
Romans 8:11

"And these signs will accompany those who believe....they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover." Mark 16:17-18

Oh how I love the sweetness of seeing the Word of the Lord come alive in my life, word for word. It is one of the most beautiful things, and evidence of God's faithfulness. Those words that He spoke to the people long ago, those promises that came from His mouth are true today. In the craziness of my week, I hadn't had time to truly ponder an AMAZING work of the Lord. I had not taken time to give Him the glory and praise He is due for what He has done. The past week or two since starting my new diet I have had more energy than I knew what to do with. I feel normal again. (well, normal for me, as in if I keep up on my snacks every few hours and eat the right food then I feel great, which is fine with me!). Food works again for my body and that is such a blessing.

"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

The Lord truly fulfilled the promises of this Scripture. I was physically faint and weak and He has given me strength.

I was sharing my joy and thankfulness with some friends the other day and without thinking said, "It's really a miracle." After saying that I stopped in my tracks and was astounded- This IS a miracle. We had prayed that the Lord would restore energy to my body and He has. I didn't exactly want to give up sugar or be on a restricted diet but He answered yes to our prayers and I give Him the glory!!

Our God is life-giving. Healer. Great physician. He hears our prayers and ALWAYS answers them- just not always in the way or timing that we ask Him. Our God is faithful. He provides.

If you are aching over a long-awaited answer to prayer, or healing for a broken body, cling to HOPE. Our God is mighty to save.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Rejoicing with you in God's grace in granting you renewed energy and health! Momma's hearts are full of joy when they know that their chicks are feeling good and happy too!

XOXO
Your Momma (: