Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Seeing fruit...

I mentioned awhile back that I've had the privilege of tutoring Y, a senior from Puerto Rico. She's planning on attending the same college as I do next fall, but is completely lost in the application process. Who wouldn't be?! It stressed me out and I've spoken English my entire life. I got the opportunity today to tell her how I really want to help her with all of the college stuff, and make this as easy for as possible. If there's anything she needs, or if she wants me to go with her to meetings or show her around campus, I want to be there. We spent our tutoring time today filling out her application, and there was lots of smiles and laughter. I'll be taking her to the admissions office next week to meet with them and make plans for the fall. Our time was so sweet, and the Lord is building trust and hopefully a friendship out of my time with her. It is so encouraging to see fruit from this ministry. I have such a love and compassion for this girl that only comes from the Lord. I can't wait to see what He does in her heart in the coming months and years. :)

No comments: