Monday, April 21, 2008

Hopeful promises....

I am so amazed at how God reminds us of the perfect scripture right when we need it most. I had some great journaling time today (the best way for me to process my emotions). During that time I was reminded of this scripture:



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."



Jeremiah 29:11-12



Amen!! I feel as though the Lord is declaring, "Dear children!! Do not despair!! I've got it under control! Just take my hand and let me lead you! Seek my face and you will find that I am right here with you. For now and forever more."


This scripture hit home for me because I feel like it has to do with everything that's been going on recently in my life. We've begun the wade through the murky waters of college preparation. In the past weeks we've made lots of decisions for next year. We are unsure what will happen after next year because if everything goes as planned I will be graduating next year. I was getting worried about what to do but the Lord keeps reminding me that His plans are perfect and that He'll show us where to go and what to do. Until then, I just need to trust and seek His face with all my heart.

No comments: