Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

I hope you're all having a lazy Sunday afternoon. I certainly am. I've spent the past hour lying on my bed watching random adoption videos and, of course, crying all the way through!! I'll be the biggest emotional wreck EVER when I adopt my own children. It seems like marriage and parenting is a billion years away. Yet, if the Lord wills, it may not be that far off...

Anyway, enough about that. It snowed, sleeted, and rained today. My plan was to wear my really cute spring skirt to church this morning. Scrap that plan! It was 40 degrees outside. Nope. No flip-flops or spring skirt. Maybe next week.

The Lord has been teaching me so much and really challenging me recently. I've had to just let go of some things this week and let him take care of it. Next year is going to be a big one for me. I realized today that if I really wanted to, I could graduate next year and go to college the following year. Yikes! Yet I don't know if that's what He wants for me. It's so hard to know His will. So hard to make decisions that will affect my future forever. So I guess I'll be learning how to listen in this season of life. I do alot of talking and I think that sometimes I don't just sit and listen to the still, small voice of the Lord. He asks us to rest in His will. Such a simple direction, but SO hard to live out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your afternoon sounds like my afternoon, except I just found out I lost my check book.

Yeah. Not fun...at all. You could say I'm furious.

See you tonight!

Kristen

Victoria and Joe said...

What a great child... Keep focused you are well on your way to making all your dreams come true.. and those of many others as well..