Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

It has been the most AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS day out. 65 degrees. Sunny. A bit windy. So i started my day with a 45-minute walk with the dog, worship music on my iPod, and the Lord. It was awesome. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, just that beautiful blue. The wind reminded me of God's power, yet gentle whispers, as the wind blew across my face. All around me were echoes of God's beauty that I take for granted far too often. I'm thankful for the opportunity I had to bask in the glory of the Lord this morning.

I woke up with a sore throat on Monday and groaned. How could I be getting sick 5 days before Guatemala??!!! I started taking a bunch of cold medicines and getting more sleep than usual. It is now Thursday, the day before we leave, and I have just a small cough and a drippy nose. My sore throat is completely gone- and I've had basically full energy this week, allowing me to pack. I'm praising God for this and trusting that He will restore me completely in the next few days! He is the Great Physician.

Throughout the week I've gotten several emails, facebook messages, and conversations in which so many people have said they have been/are praying for our trip this week. I'm SO THANKFUL for you sweet prayer warriors!! THANK YOU THANK YOU! God gave me a great and precious gift when He gave me all of you!

No comments: