Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Wow. There is so much to be thankful for.

1. I'm thankful for our God. How great is our God?!! More amazing, loving, faithful, compassionate, and merciful than I can EVER express. I have rested in His timing and His plan this week. Here's a couple verses I have

"There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears."
Philippians 1:6 The Message

"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. "When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed."
Jeremiah 29:11-13

This scripture nearly brings me to tears. God, who keeps His promises, gives such great hope! Oh yes, Lord, your plan is beautiful. It most certainly will be different than what I want but you know what is best- for me and for your people. And you will be glorified through it all. I cannot wait to see what you have for the future.

2. I am so thankful for all of the sweet people God has placed in my life (and some of them are you bloggy friends)!! As I walked through those emotional days after my trip I had so many people who were there for me, to listen to my heart. Now I am refreshed and ready to return the blessings!

3. I am thankful for the GORGEOUS weather we have had!! I've taken lots of long prayer walks outside with my dog. And I love being able to drive with the windows down and feel the breeze! :)

4. I am thankful the weekend is almost here! I'm looking forward to some downtime.

5. I am thankful for my wonderful job and coworkers. One of them just got into nursing school yesterday so I made a cake and am going to go buy a balloon and we'll surprise her this afternoon with a "Congratulations" party. :)

6. I look around my house and am just overwhelmed by everything that we have. It's so elaborate compared to the homes I saw last week. My list would be a mile long if I started listing off all of those blessings.

I hope you all are having a wonderful Thursday- we have MUCH to be thankful for.

Love,
Molly

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I really love the Jeremiah 29 verse what version is it?

Unknown said...

The verses you found are perfect!

I love the word of the Lord. I can always find a verse that helps me reason with my own "head talk" and heal my heartache.

I'm saving these!

Thanks for sharing. Aunt Lucia

Molly said...

Ahh I loved it too!! It's from The Message. I'd never seen that version of it before (funny b/c that's my favorite verse) but I was so encouraged when I saw that!!

Sharon said...

Ha Ha, yeah I like that!