Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First Day on the Job

It was my first day babysitting today. If I could sum it up in one word I'd say exhausting. It will be a long tiring summer!! But the kids are very sweet and I know that they'll be fun to hang out with. Two of the girls had tennis lessons this morning and so a college girl took them to the lessons, which were at a park close to their house. Later on I walked the other three over to go play at the park and watch the girls at their lessons. Not being able to drive the kids around is exceedingly frustrating!! But I'm trying not to complain about that! :) Keep me accountable, please! The Lord has certainly given me that challenge to test my patience and trust in Him this summer. Within 30 minutes this morning I'd exhausted all ideas of fun games to play with kids when they are bored and you have nothing to do but sit and watch your sibling play tennis. I was slightly discouraged as the end of the morning neared, but when the youngest one stuck her little hand in mine I knew that this is where I'm supposed to be. Kids are my passion and I find great joy in them. I'm looking forward to the bike rides we'll take, trips to the library and out for ice cream.

The morning will come way too soon so I'm heading to bed!! I was going to blog about the boys b-day but I am just too tired. So stay tuned for pics. from our celebrating last night!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds very tiring! You can get through it. I thought my job was really exhausting at first, but then I got used to it, and now I'm fine. Stay strong! (I know you will! =])

Kristen