Monday, May 12, 2008

Chocolatey Wisdom

I know- that's the weirdest title EVER!! I'm strange. It does fit though just read on...



Have you ever had Dove chocolate? Yummy. The little squares with the foil wrappers that have messages written on them? Yep. That's what I had today. I don't believe in luck but I do believe that God can teach us lessons through anything- even chocolate wrappers. So I know you're just dying to hear what wisdom was instilled in me today by my candy! :)

My first piece of chocolate had a wrapper that read: "Dare to love completely." Now most people would interpret that as loving their boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse/etc. I read that and thought of God. Do I love Him completely?? Do I love Him and trust Him SO MUCH that I am willing to hand over my greatest hopes and desires, the things I hold dear to me? No matter how much I think I've surrendered to Him, I still have some things that I love more than Him. My idols. So as I sat and typed out an insurance claim at work I munched my chocolate and thought about that question. I feel like the Lord is challenging me to search my heart and find the things that I hold above Him- the things that are taking up space in my heart where He should be.

My second piece of chocolate had a wrapper that read: "Lose yourself in a moment." That could also be interpreted in a different way but I didn't look at it that way. When I read that phrase I thought of a picture I took at my aunt's house this week:

When I saw this picture pop up on my computer screen after I uploaded all of my farm pictures from my camara I was mesmerized. I couldn't believe how beautiful and detailed the flowers were. It was one of those moments when you are just captured by the intricate design of our Great Creator!! So when I read the phrase Lose yourself in a moment I thought of this picture and how I was just lost in awe of how big our God is and how if He cared enough to create those petals and blossoms how much more must He care about ME?!! My life has details woven into it that are much more complex than the creation of this flower. Our God just blows me away!!

So that's my chocolatey wisdom for today. Look for God in the little things today because He is there!


For those of you looking for the video go to the post below this.


No comments: