Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Key


Yesterday my cute little car went into the shop for some TLC. (Kristen, you'll be glad to know that the brakes are now silent!) Anyway, when I brought it home I still hadn't attached my car key to my keychain. When I walked inside I set my purse down and set the single car key down somewhere. This morning, we were getting ready to go to school and I realized that I still hadn't found the key to my car. Of course, the spare key that we had was missing and the first thing on my mom's to-do list for today was to go get some more copies of the key. So I start to get a little scared because we had no way to get into my car and we had to get to school. I skipped eating breakfast and looked ALL OVER the house but could not find my key anywhere. So I began to pray that the Lord would reveal the careless spot I had set the stinkin' key!! Finally, with 5 minutes to spare, I found the key. Sitting out in the open next to the filing cabinet where I had set it while I filed away the receipts from the mechanic after I'd gotten back yesterday. As I thanked God that I had found it He gave me this word picture that I thought was really cool. This is kind of what I sensed Him saying to me:


"What is the key to life, Molly? You have accepted me as the key to your life but some haven't. Everyone's life needs a key for them to be complete. That key is sitting right out in the open just like yours was. People keep searching. They try different things, searching long and hard. Yet I am that key. I'm sitting right here, ready for them to accept me. I don't promise perfect circumstances, but I promise eternal life and unending love. Through me, they will find complete joy."


It might be kind of a stretch but it makes perfect sense in my mind and I was encouraged by that. I was especially encouraged because I'll be ministering to alot of searching people this summer in New York and I felt that God was giving me a sense of the hopelessness they must feel and their misery despite the fact that He's right next to them if they would just accept Him. He is a good God and He longs to comfort His hurting, searching children. His gift of salvation is free to those who ask.............Have you given Him the key to your life?

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
Matthew 16:19

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is very interesting! You have really deep thoughts. Thanks for sharing them with me. I know that God has the key to my heart, too =]