Friday, August 8, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We are back from Branson!! We are home.. it feels so good. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight! The trip back was very long. Within the first 20 minutes of the trip I got extremely carsick and ended up losing my breakfast. It was miserable. Thankfully, I felt much better after that. I guess I need to be really careful about what I do in the car from now on. So for the next few hours I just listened to music, not wanting to risk getting car sick again. I actually enjoyed just sitting there listening to the words, praying, and thinking. My mind has been running 100 mph recently. I've been thinking, reflecting, and musing about life so it was nice to have some time to just be quiet. I'm so busy and constantly running from here to there. I need to slow down sometimes and just listen to God's voice. It's most often in the peaceful moments that He speaks and shows you things. So that was good.

When we got outside of St. Louis I took a turn driving. My parents wanted me to get some more experience on the expressways and they wanted me to know what it's like to drive in a busy urban area. It went very well and I think they were pleased in my "driving skills". I know there will be a time soon when I want to drive out of town and they'll be more open to it because I've had the experience.

It's opening ceremony for the Olympics tonight!!! :) We're taping it and watching it together soon! I'm excited!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Can't wait to see you!