Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Office of Doom.....

Today I went to the office of doom... aka the oral surgeon. Ughhh... it was just a consultation for my impending implants to fill the spaces in my mouth where I'm missing teeth. I've had oral surgery before and it was not fun at all. That's an understatement. It was miserable. I got the nurse who apparently couldn't insert an IV so, alone in the room with this nurse getting my first IV, she calls for help. I look down and blood was spurting out of my arm. I got SO scared and started to cry. I know, not a good situation.

So that is probably why I'm dreading this surgery. Not that I wouldn't dread it anyway. Having implants done sounds dreadful. Who cares if there's two spaces in the back of my mouth?! Apparently everybody but me. So... since i don't have a choice I will have to be brave and do it. Even though it makes me nauseous thinking about what they'll be doing. Last time, I prayed through Isaiah 43 while I sat there and waited. I'm so thankful that the Lord has given us Scripture to find peace and comfort in.

So this is one more thing to look forward to this fall. Just kidding. It's going to be a great school year. I'm just really nervous about this particular event!

1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush [a] and Seba in your stead.
4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.
5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
Isaiah 43:1-5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Molly, what an experience!

And also there are these scriptures that I like when challenged:

[Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will NEVER leave you nor forsake you.] Deuteronomy 31:6

and I like this simple interpretation of Proverbs 3 (5-6)

[Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.] Proverbs 3(5-6)

Many thngs in life that are worth while are not easy.

We love you. Lucia