Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fun Moments


I've had some fun moments that made me smile the past day.


Yesterday I babysat for two adorable little girls- an 18-month old and a 6 year old. I love those ages because at 18-months they're still semi-dependent on you and love to be held, but they aren't completely helpless. I LOVED the 6 year old as well. We went to the park and it was so much fun to see her explore the world, discover new things, and ask lots of questions. All in all, it was really a great day and it gave me such hope for the future. I was dreaming of walks in the parks with my kiddos someday, answering their questions, teaching them how to be polite by talking with the cute little old people walking their dogs, and showing them the great wonders our God has created for us to enjoy, even in the simple things. It kind of made me want to fast forward through the next few years but I was reminded again of how these years of high school and college are a gift. No, I might not get married for another 6 years (it seems like such a long time!) but He has things to show me in the now, before I have a family. Patience is definitely a theme that keeps arising in my life! :)


Today we went to a baby shower for one of our best family friends who's having her first baby. First of all, it was just fun to talk and laugh with the other women and girls. Secondly, I fell in love with the ADORABLE girly stuff. When we went shopping for the gift, my mom had to keep "pulling" me through the baby aisles because I kept stopping to look at all the cute clothes. My husband's going to have to take away my money when I'm pregnant because I'll blow it all on adorable things! Just kidding. I'll show restraint hopefully and I don't have to worry about that for lots of years. It is so much fun though to celebrate with these women. Children are such a gift and I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to take part in the celebrating today!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I'm another girl who will have to have my credit card taken away from me when I'm pregnant someday! :) Every time I pass the baby section in a store, I get googly eyes, my pace slows, my hands reach out to touch the little pink frills, and my mouth freezes into an expression of "Ooooh" which lasts until I leave the section! Like you, I cannot WAIT to shop for my own little cutie someday. Right now, though, I am loving having an adorable little sponsor child in China who I get to spoil a few times a year with all the fun girly stuff! She is so my baby!

Stroup Family said...

I just found your blog. It is amazing and I can't wait to read more. I have a two year old brother adopted from Guatemala and we are adopting his bio sibling.
I also have a compassion for orphans and my mom is starting an adoption agency to help people adopt, and I can't wait to see what happens through that.

You can check out my family's blog at encounteringella.blogspot.com but mine is private.