Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm Ready

It has been such an amazing summer. At times I thought I was crazy for agreeing to work so much but the Lord knew exactly how much I could handle. I got a taste for what it's like to work full-time, if only for a few weeks. I was challenged and stretched as I learned how to handle 5 kids at once, learning to meet each of their individual needs and showing them as much love as I could! I had a great week at Family Camp, growing closer to God and learning to trust in Him more and more. I stepped out of my comfort zone and went to New York. The rewards from that trip were incredible. Friendships grew as well as my self-confidence on that trip. I enjoyed a relaxing week in Branson, hanging with family and an evening with the Ethiopian adoption families. I went on long walks with Chloe and my mom. I spent lazy hours engrossed in sweet adoption books and some Christian novels for women- life, love... what else would you want to read about?!



There were smiles and hugs, ups and downs, laughter and tears... and I fell more in love with my Savior. It was a great summer...



So what's next? The school year!! I hear some groans coming from both students and parents. I groaned a little bit too thinking about it but this year I'm actually ready for school to start. I really do love learning new things and I'm excited to see how this new program works. Through the Word and even through some of your comments on this blog, I feel like God has been teaching me to really embrace this next year. I've been pushing ahead, focused on what's next and not what's NOW. He has things to teach me in this season, while I'm still in high school, still 16. I have been concentrating so much on the future that I've neglected to see what He wants to show me now. It's going to be a good year, I think. Here's what will fill up my days:

1. My "regular" school through Morning Star, the online high school. I'm all registered for my classes and it looks like I'm going to be in good shape for my senior year as well.
2. My spanish class at the junior college. Mondays and Wednesdays from 12-1:50
3. Working from 2-5 four afternoons a week. I get Fridays off. :)
4. Co-leading a girl's bible study at church. It's still in the planning stage but I'm excited to see what God does in that.
5. Co-teaching a children's Sunday School class at church. We get the 1st and 2nd grade. It's going to be a challenge but it'll be fun.
6. Youth group stuff. Playing on the worship team, small groups, etc. The highlight of my week.

I think that's about it... I don't think I have much time for anything else anyway! :)

"He has made everything beautiful in its time."
Ecclesiastes 3:11a

No comments: