Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nursery Duty

Why do they call it that? It sounds like something you get assigned to... like jury duty. Why can't they call it "nursery pleasure" or "nursery privelege?" Anyway, I got to help in the nursery this morning at church. I hadn't gotten to do it for over a year because I've assisted in sunday school the past 9 months and hadn't gotten in there this summer. There was a 10-week old baby boy who was so precious and tiny. It'd been a long time since I'd held such a little baby. I'd forgotten how they just curl up on your shoulder. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a mom. I love other people's kids so much but it is nothing in comparison to the love of the mother who carried that baby for 9 months. It's pretty incredible seeing all of those little children. Every child is a miracle and displays the incredible creativity and love of our God.

No comments: